Thursday 30 August 2007

Ophthalmologist and Orthoptist

An Orthoptist visit today confirmed that Raphael is not getting any usable vision from his left eye. But the good news is that his right eye seems to have good vision despite the small coloboma at the base of that eye.

There was not much to talk about with the ophthalmologist, so that was only a quick consultation. We talked about the possibilities of attaching the eye probing procedure to future surgeries because his last surgery was cancelled.

The longest part of this visit was actually trying to pay the bill, the new receptionist was hopeless, when she finally worked out what to do, she messed it up and had to do it all over again. I think it took about twenty minutes to pay the bill. I was not impressed becuase we had a tightly scheduled morning of twelve things to do at nine different locations. We still ended up managing all but two but I was so exhausted by the afternoon that I collapsed in my chair to sleep for two hours. Thank goodness that our ever-ringing phone didn't drill it's ring tone into my head while I was asleep.

No comments: