Friday 18 May 2007

Paediatric cardiologist

Our 4:30pm paediatric cardiologist appointment started at around 7:00pm. I was disappointed to find out that earlier in the day a paediatric registrar had filled in the cardiologist on Raphael's condition and had missed out some very vital pieces of information. This meant that when Raphael had his echo cardiograph, ahead of time when we were not there, the cardiologist did not look at the particular heart defect that we wanted him to look at.

This all could have been avoided by calling us and I was very disappointed when it was suggested to me that it was my fault that I was not contacted because I did not provide a mobile phone number. I find this especially insulting because they did not even try to call me on my work telephone number (which incidentally forwards to my mobile).

Amidst my frustration at the situation, I felt sorry for the cardiologist who's time was wasted because of the lack of one administrative phone call.