Thursday 1 January 2009

Signing and speaking progress

Raphael has made moderate speaking progress this year but has been picking up Auslan signs extremely quickly. I can no longer count how many signs he knows because there are too many to keep track of.

Today he spontaneously used a two sign phrase that we have not used with him before. He signed "Brother" then "Sit" then pointed to his back. This was shortly after his mean father put a stop to a game where Raphael's older brother was bouncing on Raphael's back.

So that Raphael can participate in eye chart tests, we trained him to sign the eye chart pictures. I did this by photographing the chart with my phone and sitting with him and going through the pictures. Here is the result of our work:



You'll notice that I have been a bit slack in blogging lately. I have stopped blogging every single appointment because it was getting silly with at least four a week.

1 comment:

Crystal M. said...

Oh my gosh he is so adorable!!! Great job Raphael and your kitty sounds are just adorable.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva