Monday 24 September 2007

Wow (10.43kg)

Raphael's paediatrician is going to be very happy with him the next time she sees him. He has put on 70g in the last week.

He is becoming less and less interested in the special formula (Nutrini) that we feed him and now it is common that he takes the bottle and gives the teat one lick before giving it back to us. I can't blame him for it, it tastes terrible! One person commented "I thought it was for tube feeding only, I didn't think anyone would take it by mouth"

To make sure he is getting adequate nutritional content, we have been adding scoops of regular baby formula (S26); we have been adding it to his purées in just slightly less proportion to that recommended to be added to water. Because he is taking less fluid we are a little concerned about whether he is getting enough water. He seems happy enough and I haven't seen any signs of dehydration yet, but I will be asking the dietician about this the next time we see her.

No comments: