Friday 4 June 2010

The new sound "s"

Today Rapahel made a new sound "s".

He did this at the end of a word that he was copying "Always"

It is not a very confident sound but it is being made with the correct part of the mouth rather than him using the constant fluid in his nose to make an s whistle when he breathes out his nose.

We are still trying to get him to confidently end words with k and make dy sounds but this seems to get better and worse over time. At least he is making some progress, even if it is in an area that we have not been trying to teach him.


Ironically his Chinese can be quite clear but he has a very limited Chinese vocabulary. Mostly "I want" and "I don't want"

2 comments:

Pauliyah said...

You must be probably bored with my occasional comments, but I like to drop by every so often to see how Raphael is doing. I'm absolutely impressed by your ever expanding anatomical/medical knowledge. What is that you do, if I may ask?

Paul Bartlett said...

I am always interested to read peoples comments.

I provide computer support for a living.

Paul