Friday 8 December 2006

Hospitalisation for Nasogastric tube (NGT) insertion

from the 4/12 to 8/12/2006 Raphael was hospitalised for getting an NGT and setting up a night time feeding regime. I (Paul) had a really bad cold at that time and between Annie and I taking shifts at the hospital and looking after our other kids, I did not get the rest that I needed to get over the cold. But the good news was that with the NGT, Raphael was able to put on over 100g a week. While consulting in the hospital, our paediatrician visited Raphael and ordered an MRI of his head and upper chest to see if that will help diagnose his throat problems. That was scheduled for 18/12/2006.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

have they looked at reflux they should also in time consider if they want to do a nissen fundo or a gtube scary i no but ive ahd them and the gtube works for me

Paul Bartlett said...

He hasn't had any pneumonia, so even though he has reflux and aspirates, I don't think that the doctors are that concerned about about the NGT approach for now.