Tuesday 9 September 2008

Broken hearing aid

I went to cook dinner and it could not have been more than 10 minutes before my 4yo ran intot he kitchen yelling something about Raphael's hearing aid.

On investigation, I found that I could not find his hearing aids at all. Raphael was handing me a piece of a huggie that normally holds his hearing aid to his ear but now it had been pulled apart and he was kindly handing it to me and signing that I should say thankyou to him for giving it to me.

I could hear the squeel of the hearing aids and soon I found them but they had been compeltely pulled appart. After 15 minutes of searching for hearing aid bits, and a rapid return to the stove when I heard the ominous sound of boiling over water, I had found 2 huggies, 1 hearing aid mould (with tube missing) and 2 hearing aids, one of them with the tube attachemnt thread broken nealry in half. I have no idea where his other mould is. I still can't believe the amount of damage that he managed to do in such a short time. He is normally realy good with his hearing aids.

And of course we are going to New Zealand at the end of this month for the CHARGE conference. I hope that Australian hearing can get us an appointment before then to get new moulds made and repair the hearing aids.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You must be very surprised to hear that! He probably became curious as to what those hearing aids are and played with it for a while. Four year olds can probably have those kinds of feelings. Were you able to book an appointment for the repair before the conference?
Rebecca Kavel

Paul Bartlett said...

Raphael was 2 at the time. I am sure that we managed to get some kind of fix for his hearing aids before the conference.

Paul